7/15 Our First Day Ends with Hot Pot


Our first day in Dalian, we visit a local bank to exchange our US dollars for Yuen. While waiting for a teller, I am approached twice by individuals who want to know what I am doing. I tell them I am waiting for a teller and they continue on their way. When the teller is ready for me, he asks me for my passport and my first born child (kidding), but it took a long time and they made copies of all my travel docs and such. I learn quickly that the ATM is a much better choice for getting cash.


We find a mobile store and buy a sim card, then head to Tesco, a grocery store chain, and buy Lays brand potato chips. We walk to the park across from Cathy's and watch the kids playing.


Cathy arrives home from work and we decide to eat Hot Pot for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment